Friday, August 20, 2010

Hawaii (part 1)

As a last family vacation before I head off to college, we all decided on Hawaii! What could be a more beautiful place? Especially when running. Every day was different :)

beach by our Maui resort!

Luckily for jet lag and the 5-hour time difference (!) the first few days, waking up at Hawaiian time 6 am (home time 11 am) was super easy. It's so green here and there is more scenery than houses :) The first few times I ran on the golf course which was tough because they were like rolling hills. The last day, on my long run, I found the trail that connected all the beach-side resorts. It was beautiful! Unfortunately I forgot to bring my phone. 

I also forgot to bring my camera USB so I can't show any epic pics yet :( luckily i thought of taking some with my phone! 
At the Deli of a Saveway
 I have to confess.... I'm obsessed with POKE. Pronounced like "Poké" from Pokémon. Don't hate the reference. For those of you that don't know what it is... It's basically sushi and some veggies in a soy sauce/sesame oil mixture. Mmm... soo good! I need to find out how to make this back home. I don't think I'll have time to make anything once I'm in college though :( 

New resort on Kona Island
Today's run was hard because I couldn't find any trails! It seemed like the only place I could run was on the highway... I probably ran a slower pace today because I had no idea where I was. And because of the huuuuge hills!

Those are not dogs... they're goats!
On vacation, I don't care about the mileage or if I had a good workout or not. I just love waking up to enjoy the scenery and the feeling of being the only one awake :) Speaking of not minding... I'm probably shoving in a few more unhealthy things in my mouth than I should. Especially when my family likes to treat itself daily on vacation!


How do you deal when your family encourages unhealthy eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment